How you are responsible for your own happiness. That it is you and only you who needs to switch from I-am-sad-and-the-world-is-so-bad mode to I-am-happy-and-I-can-still-find-so-much-goodness-in-the-world mode (and let me distract myself by concentrating on the good things). People will disappoint you and their words will scar. They will let you down and never live up to your expectations. And they will do it over and over. How long you wish to remain down in the dumps is up to you though.
Why don't we just let the tiny things be and get on with it. Why must be bother ourselves silly to the point of depression over things we've no control over. If you can't do anything about it, the least you can do is not worry. Worrying won't change things to your liking! Maybe with time, what you fussed over won't matter. Maybe it will have sorted itself out. Maybe you will get the strength to deal with it.
How long will it take for something I know to become a habit?

7 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Hey Stillness, I don't know how long... but it seems to me as a young professional it really took awhile to achieve some level of being able to not be pulled down by the negativity. I just remember a lot of uncertainty, and desire to make things different without really knowing how, etc.
I can give you one small kernel that helps me... the things we worry about and give so much of our thought and energy to, they EXPAND. Its like we breathe life into them. Sometimes I ask myself "Will this matter 6 months from now?" Or when I am not here will this be something people remember about me? The answer is no almost always and It helps me get perspective... What DO you want your life to look like? How can you put yourself on a path to that picture?
Hi Stillness, we are free to choose our outlook on life, I like this quote....
“Be free to not stay in the old story. To not stay where sorrow always looks backward, where worry always looks around to see what else might go awry – instead, look up, take the leap, see a fresh new world, and see a sky filled with nature and with God and the mountains and the roar of something greater.”....
(This is from a 2001 issue of Oprah magazine)
♥...Wanda
Sweetie write your own story, and don't stay stuck in an old story. Keep everything fresh, exciting and always move forward. One thing I tell everyone is that if what you do is done with love and respect it will always work out well.......no time limits to life, just enjoy the journey.....:-) Hugs
Yes its always best to leave behind any bitter or demotivating thoughts and live life our way and to the max!
By making it a part of your lifestyle :)
VICKY: I really liked your advise and shall always remember the breathe life into it part and not give things more importance than they deserve! Thanks a zillion Vicky :-)
WANDA: That was indeed a beautiful thought! Thanks for sharing it with me. The time to take a leap for me is fast approaching :-) Loads of love Wanda :-)
BERNIE: I really liked the thought that if something is done with love and respect, it always turns out well :-) Gives me a lot of strength!
ETHEREAL LILY: I agree!
SPARKLING: Yes Ma'm! :-)
Hi TS - I love your second para a lot.
I love what Vicky had to say -- '"Breathing Life into " something we don't want' Vicky thanks very much. :)
"Penny wise and Pound foolish" -- is a synonym for the word "worry"...and is the answer to the question "How can I learn to worry?" :) :)
Post a Comment