Saturday, June 12, 2010

Gastronomic excess

It's a legend that whoever joins the company I have joined puts on weight. And this trait is gender neutral. Reason: Free food and zero exercise. It has a gym I haven't been able to explore yet, which no one frequents due to paucity of time. Three months down the line I don't wish to be pot bellied, but if I continue the way I am right now, that is exactly who I shall be. Our cafeteria even has a weighing machine at the entrance! 


All three meals happen in office and give me time, and I head to the cafeteria to sample the tea and coffee. Lemon, Ginger, Masala(spice), Black, with sugar, without sugar. Sitting on the same table are bread, butter, cheese, milk, cornflakes, and kellogs chocos. It ain't my fault! I plead innocence. After having three heavy meals in office I come home, and my Mom wants me to eat some more. My stomach lets out a groan and I leave it alone.

I am overwhelmed with how much we employees are pampered. From medical insurance to life insurance. From  a dental treatment to a club membership. My company is ready to pay for it all. It even has no issues paying my telephone bills! Spoilt rotten should become our tagline. 

Aren't you glad I ain't complaining for a change! I sure am glad :-)

Though I can't thank God enough for this life turning blessing, I still wanted to see him in person. I visited the temple this Friday and gave away some money to the poor. It seemed very paltry and I just can't seem to help everyone. So I shall do that more often. I also asked Him to help my friend just the way He helped me. I'm sure He will listen.

I agree this post hasn't been substantial, but if you've reached this far, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Stay healthy and please exercise on my behalf while I do the eating.

13 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Vicky said...

Oh Stillness, I feel your joy and happiness. I have no doubt you have great skills and talents and the company is equally lucky to have you work for them!

Giving of any amount is an act of generosity, and shows your appreciation for the many blessings you have received. So happy for you!!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, Tranquility!!! I'm so very, very thrilled for you! What a wonderful place to work!!! And your sense of humor just shines through your words today! I LOVED this post!! In fact, I'm beaming from ear-to-ear!!! So happy, happy for you! You deserve to be pampered...and I'm sure you will find the balance! You are such a wise lady! Love you much! Janine XO

Jackie said...

Stillness...You know that my heart beats faster as I read about your job....your 'pampering'...and most of all as I can feel the happiness through your words.
I, too, continue to pray for your friend...knowing that our Lord has the right job ..and that patience is a virtue (even though it is soooo hard to be patient...(I speak for myself...as I am impatient...impatient...impatient..) :)
I'm happy that your Mom insists that you eat when you get home. Good for YOU Mom (that's for her!...please share that with her for me!)...and I am more than delighted that you are experiencing joy and satisfaction.
You have a giving heart my friend...and your posts are always a treasure to read...always.
Love,
Jackie

Diana said...

Oh Tranquility, this new job sounds absolutely delightful! What an excellent place to work for, at least it sounds like it!
I hope that all of these new blessings continue for you. You deserve it all!
I am very happy for you!
Love Di ♥

Jack said...

Tranquility,

I am so glad that you are happy now. Take care of yourself and do visit gym as often as you can. Please do not give alms. If you really wish to thank God for what you have achieved, then sponsor a child for education. But choose NGO carefully for this. Or you could sponsor a child directly, of your maid, office peon, presswala in your locality or safaiwala. Now coming to the last line, I will support you by walking as much as I can but only if you do remember not to tax your tummy too much. LOL.

Take care

Pramoda Meduri said...

Definitely glad that u r complaining for a change..:) being human we all do.:) hehe.. nice to knw more abt u rnew location and resources like gym etc..:) next time keep the photo of weighing machne with ur weight in it...heheh..:)

Wanda..... said...

Remember about a year ago you were wondering why you could not get what you wanted. I remember Bernie and I blogging with you, telling you to have patience and to think positive, that things would come to you in time...when you were ready for them!

Seems this is the time...a good job with security and benefits...I'm so happy for you, Stillness...you post sounds like you are extremely happy too for yourself and family!

♥...Wanda

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just stopping by to wish you a wonderful week!!! Love you, Janine XO

Sparkling said...

:D

Eat well and be happy! Always! :)

EM said...

!! TS !! I am glad :). Congratulations ma cherie!

thou giveth, thou receiveth!

-em-

Jackie said...

Hi Stillness...I hug you and love you and wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you. Continued success with your job!!!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just stopping by to give you my love...and hope you are having a wonderful week!! ~Janine XO

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Just checking on you! Love you! Janine XO