The calendar that sits next to me read "The three main ingredients of happiness are: Something to do, Someone to love and something to hope for". This was on June 2, 2010.
June 3, 2010. I was selected to be part of the worlds biggest maker of security software. I join them on 9 June 2010.
The enormity of what just happened has yet to hit me in full force all at once. It just refuses to sink in. It hits me in bits and pieces every once in a while. When I see my compensation details.. When I think of the email address I will soon be given...When I think of the opportunities that will open up for me...When I think how much easier it will make the life of my family...
But there is a tinge of regret and that overpowers these feelings of happiness. It feels like a crime to be so happy when my dear friend who also applied for the same position didn't make it. My friend's interview went as well as mine. I do hope and fervently pray that my friend gets a bigger and better opportunity elsewhere. And really soon at that. I find it difficult to be happy when someone so close is in the depths of despair and sadness. I really hope my prayers in this regard are answered soon.
I must have been famished in my last birth and must have died due to starvation. For if I could give brutally honest answers to "Why do you want to join this company?" I'd say "because I'll be given free meals which are exotic! There will literally be a thing called as a free lunch :-) Besides of course the remuneration which will make my parents really happy. Of course if I'd have said that, I'd be sitting here whining. But on the other side of all the frills is the tremendous amount of knowledge that I will gain here. And that will always be more than the frills.
All that I ask of God for myself at this point is to keep me humble and never ever let money get to my head. From now on, this will be a test I shall have to pass everyday. I am sure I will clear it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
1 year ago


15 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Congratulations my young friend, I am so happy for you.....I am sure a position will come along for your friend soon, one more suited for her, this is your time.
I hope this new job is all that hope for and I wish you every success possible.......:-) Hugs
Thats very sizzling tranquility.. i loved the attitude that u have shown at your work .. yeah, money always makes us not to concentrate on many aspects.. good going and wish you all the best..:)
Its been a long wait.. and i think you truly deserve it :-)
Your post gave me chills...your prayers have been answered. I know your happiness has been dampened by your friend's disappointment, but their time will come, this is your time to be grateful and happy, Stillness/Tranquility.
I am so pleased for you and your family!
♥...Wanda
Well I guess congratulations are in order then! I am sorry that your friend didn't make it though. But this too is just part of life. I guess it just wasn't meant to be for her. Good luck to you dear and enjoy the food! Love Di ♥
Congratulations!!! THAT'S WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! And you know what? You are a very beautiful person...your love for your friend demonstrates that! But I think you are right...something better for her will come her way...Thinking of and rejoicing with you! Love, Janine XO
Congratulations Stillness!! I am glad the joy of this occasion is not lost on you, even though its tempered with a some sad news for your friend. I see you humility shine through and I too think you will make the most of your opportunity while remaining humble and grateful. I hope this is the beginning of a fruitful journey for you and your family as well!
Congratulations !! well done... :-)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I always knew! :D
I'm sure your friend will also give you the good news soon! After all, your prayers have to be answered, right?! :)
TC
Tranquility,
Congratulations. It is so good of you to pray for your friend. May God grant your wish for him / her. Your thinking that let money not get into your head itself shows that you do have good streak in you and if you keep your balance, I am sure you will not be swollen headed. Wish you all the best in new environments and do make an effort to learn as much as you can. Just a word of caution, do keep your own counsel till you have judged your colleagues properly. Do let me know if I can be of any help, my e mail id is in my profile.
Take care
Oh Stillness!! How wonderful for you. I have been away for a long time, and when I pulled up your blog today, I see that prayers have been answered. I'm so happy for you.
You have such a gentle spirit...always thinking of others...and I hope that your friend will find the perfect job soon. We'll all continue to pray for that, too!
Would you give your parents a hug from me....and tell them that we are soooooo proud of our friend from across the ocean that has endured herself in our hearts...and that we are proud for them too. I know they are exicited.
I'm still jumping for joy for you!!! Congratulations!!!
Love,
Jackie
BERNIE: Thank you so much Bernie :D I really really hope my friend gets a job even better than this soon :) Thank you for your blessings :)
PRAMODA: Thanks Pramoda :) How's it going with you and what's new?
ETHEREAL LILY: Thank you so very much! :D
WANDA: It sure felt like cosmos conspired and how to give this to me! I wish my friend gets something similar soon. Thank you so much Wanda :D
DIANA: Thanks a tone Diana :-) I hope this means that my friend deserves something even better..
JANINE: Thank you so much :D I really hope something better does come my friend's way :)
VICKY: Thank you so much for your kind words of support and encouragement. They sure mean a lot! Thank you :)
REFLECTIONS: Thank you :D
SPARKLING: Thank you so much :D I really hope so too! Prayers from the heart are always answered, so yes, I'm hopeful here :)
JACK:Thank you so very much Jack! And thank you for the advise to keep my counsel till I've judged my colleagues well. That sure will come in handy and I shall keep that in mind. If I need help, you'll definitely hear from me :-)
JACKIE:Thank you so much :D I wish I could give you a hug :D I shall convey your message to my parents. This will add to their happiness :D Thanks Jackie. Loads of love to you :)
Stillness....I'm checking in again...just to let you know that I'm thinking of you and continue to wish you the BEST with your new job. Please, give your parents a hug from me.
Love,
Jackie
Just want you to know that you are in my thoughts! Sending you love, Janine XO
JACKIE: Thanks a million Jackie :D That means so much to me!
JANINE:Thank you so very much! So very kind of you! Loads of love to you too :)
Post a Comment