Saturday, July 24, 2010

Needs some sunshine. You got some?

I'm looking for reasons, but I can't seem to find any. My list seems so trivially stupid. Does weather affect your moods? I am sure it does. I don't resent the rains, but I missed sunshine. All I wanted to do today was to hide somewhere where no one can find me and I can find no one. I've wanted to be there earlier as well!

The sounds of a distressed little bird at my window was my wake up call this morning. See it affected her too! Maybe all that she wanted was some coziness. Some comfort from the rough weather . Now I am making it very dramatic here. She mustn't have given it a second thought and promptly flew away when a shabby looking me stood up to look at her.

When you've no cares in the world, I guess you can truly enjoy the beauty that is all around you. You can enjoy the little pleasures of the day, which you'd conveniently miss otherwise.

You can choose to feel the drops of water on your face or look down at the puddle of dirty water which just ruined your outfit. One sad thought attracts another, and before long you've disappeared under the snowball effect your just created for yourself.

Have you ever run into someone who completely lost touch with you and said to him or her that he or she hasn't changed one bit in all these years. And then there are people who you keep in touch with, and feel that you're interacting with a new person every time. Is it you, or is it them. Is it their outlook or is it your thinking that is changing?

We're surrounded with people almost every second of our waking hours, yet why does it feel so lonely? Why is that connect missing with so many people? Why are people friendly yet so very detached. You drop by at someone's desk to say a hello and they begin talking to you about everything and anything as if they were just waiting for someone to listen to them. You call someone even when you know they wouldn't be available and when they return your call, you can't take it!

There has to be a method to the madness. Desperately seeking order!

9 people were gracious enough to leave comments:

Wanda..... said...

To start, try to do and be your best. Concentrate on the moment, no matter the circumstance, plan your day, but be willing to be spontaneous too. If you do things with purpose and not just react to what comes along, you feel more in control and that just makes you feel good about yourself.

Have something special planned for just dreary days alone, like a good book to read, special candy, creating something artistic, just doing anything that will please you, even taking a walk! If you just feel like taking a nap...then take it and don't feel guilty about doing it!

Mostly though...find someone to share your time, thoughts and dreams with! That's what I would tell my grandchildren, Stillness!

Bernie said...

Wanda's words are so wise, I don't think I can add anything to them.
I love how you share your heart Stillness, you are very special to me.
Live in the moment sweetie, surround yourself with all things good and be very gentle with yourself....sending big hugs from Canada....:-)

Diana said...

Weather so DOES affect our moods, you know that Tranquility!
Human beings were meant to be around other human beings. It is in our nature. It is in our nature because we feel loneliness.
When I start to feel that way I try to do something not in my routine. Even something as simple as sitting in a spot that I never sit in.
I go through this a lot! So I am forever trying to do something different, it really helps!
Love and hugs to you! Love Di ♥

Vicky said...

I agree, lack of sunshine for even a day or two sways my mood. "Intimacy" in our friendships is what seems to be missing... I always say give what you desire away... if you possess the quality you want back that is what someone like-minded will be attracted to in you...

Cultivate friendships like you would anything else you want to nurture and bloom... just like we do when we comment on others blogs :) Hugs to you :)

Jack said...

Tranquility,

Excess of anything is not good. Be it rains or sunshine. It is a fact that we can ourselves choose to be happy or sad as per our outlook. One need not worry what others feel or how they change as long as one is true to own conscience.

Take care

EM said...

'sometimes good people underestimate their goodness to others'

take care,

hugs,
-eera-

Jackie said...

I read with care each word you wrote... I feel the mood of your post. And I can feel it for a very good reason: you write so very well....your description of the little bird...the lack of sunshine...the dismal feelings...wanting to hide. Your descriptive blog here lets me know that sunshine isn't/wasn't with you on the day you posted, but it didn't stifle your creativity, my friend. You wrote it....and I FELT your feelings. What a gift that is...to be able to write as you do. I also wanted to say that I don't know anyone in this world who doesn't have problems or cares that enter his/her life. Instead of thinking about the puddle of water that ruins an outfit, remember to praise God for the outfit...!!! and I know that you do...It was one of 'those' days for you. I hope that today is better. I've been gone for a while. I hope that you will forgive my absence. Continue to smile.. :)) Give your Mom a hug for me, please. Take care of yourself, Stillness...

Sparkling said...

Why does one need a reason and answer for everything? :)

Nandini said...

Hey Tranquillity,
You were the one who told me to be positive and keep a brave face in one of my posts when I was down and depressed. So I intend to do the same.. Life has its ups and downs, highs and lows and some shades of grey and some pastel ones.. but we ought to look at the brighter side of life and remember nothing is ephemeral.. This too shall pass and you will come out a winner.. so chin up and be happy my friend......