There are times when you are so down in the dumps, that no matter how hard you try, the rational and positive thinking makes zilch difference. You try to shake the sadness off, but it stays there, sticky as ever.
That's when someone comes along asking why you seem so down and out. He/ She cracks a joke and gives you that innocuous and heart warming smile. And before you know it, you're smiling too. The sadness has vanished without your knowing it.
Someone said that if you feel you're trying too hard, maybe you're doing it all wrong. Easy does it!
A smile is as infectious as a yawn. So on days when the sun is shining in your face, spread some happiness around. You have no idea, how many need it!
Anger is such an energy sapping emotion. There sure is a reason behind your anger. But you harm no one but yourself by holding on to it. Like someone said, being angry is like holding a piece of burning charcoal in your hand.
To be able to forgive and move on takes some doing. But to master this art is truly worth it.
And until you learn your lesson, it shall come up again and again.
“When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.”
HAPPY NEW YEAR.
1 year ago



11 people were gracious enough to leave comments:
Wonderfully said!! I have found that being around someone when feeling down in the dumps, really does help. When it's a positive person of coarse!
Also taking care of someone else helps me. I forget my cares when caring for someone who needs me.
Love Di ♥
I loved it totally.
I'll make sure, I keep a smiling face.
Keep writing! :)
DIANA: In total agreement with you! The loving person that you are, who wouldn't want to be around you :) Loads of love!
RITIKA: Thank you so much for the compliments and for having visited my space. Take care!
This is one of my favorite quotes, Stillness.
Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy....Leo Buscaglia
I Agree with you ..smile shall be an important exercise of life, not only to make us fit but also to make us happy to the fullest :)
Hello to my far away friend. It seems like forever since we've talked, but I want you to know that I haven't forgotten you, nor will I ever. I read your blog with much interest...and self-examination. You are always 'spot on' my friend. Continue that smile...that infectious smile....and let that anger go. I had to do that a while back. It is exactly like you said, "A burning coal in one's hand"...holding onto anger. Love and smiles to you, my friend.
Jackie
Loved the post, Tranquility. Very true. Personally I like to make people smile and laugh and try to brighten up their day. Anger used to be part of my make up when I was much younger but I let it all go and I find life much easier now. My Grandmother used to say:
Laugh and the whole world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone!" There's a lot of truth in this. She also used to say, "We should give people miles and miles of smiles!" Of course some people may think I'm a 'nutter' if I do it too much LOL.
Nice to see Jackie back, isn't it! Eddie x
Tranquility,
I am glad that you are getting back to being normal self. You are a strong person and I am sure you will win. However should you ever feel, I am there. Loved the closing para.
Take care
Hi Stillness...Just letting you know that I'm thinking of you.
Love,
J.
Sending you another smile, my friend.
Love,
J.
WANDA: I loved the quote about how worry saps today of it's happiness. Thank you for sharing it with me :-)
PRAMODA: Thanks for visiting again :-)
JACKIE: I am so happy to see you back Jackie! Please don't disappear like that again. You are much loved and your presence is looked forward to. Thank you so much for your warm comments and appreciation. I am deeply humbled! Much love to you :-)
EDDIE: I love your sense of humor Eddie. Your posts are an absolute pleasure to read. You sure know how to brighten up a bleak day. Thank you for indeed giving me smiles even though I am miles away!
It sure is nice to see our Jackie back!
JACK: Thanks for always being there Uncle Jack!
JACKIE: Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts Jackie! God bless you :-)
Post a Comment